How to adjust the volume balance on Yamaha Genos Keyboard
When you split the Genos voice parts, it is vital that you get the balance between them just right. The RIGHT1 and LEFT hand voices should seamlessly sit with each other in the mix. In some cases, you may not wish for this to be the case but in any instance, you’ll certainly need the tips below!
With the sliders at your fingertips, adjusting the volume on the Genos is so easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Press the SLIDER ASSIGN button (over by the sliders and knobs) until it says ‘STYLE’ in the top left of the mini screen above the knobs.
- By default, it will list: Style, M.pad, Left, Right1, Right2, Right3, SongA, SongB and Mic.
- You can now use the sliders to adjust the volume (up or down) of the relating choices.
- For example, if you adjust the 2nd slider, you will alter the Multi-Pad (‘M.pad’) volume level. Likewise, the LEFT, RIGHT1, RIGHT2 and RIGHT 3 voice volumes are all controlled with the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th sliders.
- We suggest having a play around and seeing what your preference is to setting the overall levels of every track. There is no right or wrong answer; Trust your ear!
The great thing about the slider is they are instant! You can adjust as you play and it takes no time at all. Absolutely no fiddling necessary – it’s right at your finger tips.
Want some more tips? Check out David’s video of adjusting the volume below: