In Tyros5 Yamaha has created the ultimate performance keyboard, with outstanding sounds, enhanced DSP effects, and accompaniment Styles so real it’s like being backed by the world’s finest musicians. The Tyros5 brings a level of authenticity like no instrument before it.
Whether sketching composition ideas, carefully crafting the perfect arrangement or delivering a memorable performance, the Tyros5 is your perfect companion.
More than 300 New Voices including “S.Art2 Voice” More than 300 new Voices have been added to the Tyros5, including new brass, guitars, synth, electric pianos, and upright pianos. S.Art2 Voices are high-quality sounds that re-create the feeling of an actual instrument when performing.
Ensemble Voice is an amazing new feature that reproduces true “divisi” playing in a section. In the past, a Voice like Brass Quartet would use a sample of four players, which sounded great. However, if you played two notes you’d get eight players, which could sound great but isn’t the most realistic. Tyros5 Ensemble Voices always get the same number of players because Tyros5 has the musical knowledge of a professional music arranger. Play two notes with a Brass Quartet Ensemble Voice, and Tyros5 will send the trumpets to the top notes and the trombones to the lower notes; it’s an incredibly realistic sound.
Ensemble Voices also utilize parameters which enliven the performance to reproduce the subtle variations in timing heard in a real ensemble. This provides an authentic sound that sounds as if a group of actual performers were playing and allows you to enjoy playing like an instrumental quartet with ease.
The Tyros5 features Vintage, Home, Euro, Concert, and Theatre organ Voices, all superbly reproduced with stunning samples that allow the Tyros5 to shine in any situation that an organist might encounter. With features such as a comprehensive set of realistic organ-style controls, adjustable effects, and intuitive operation that allows you to alter the sound in real time while you play, Organ World is sure to meet the demands of the most demanding performer.
Add Rhythm to your performances with Audio Styles Adding forty new percussion-based Styles to the Tyros5’s impressive backing and accompaniment capabilities, Audio Styles add natural feel, ambience, and warmth to drum and percussion parts, offering greater expressive potential. Audio Styles also benefit from Yamaha’s Time Stretch Technology, which allows the audio to follow your tempo changes without changing pitch, so everything stays in perfect sync.
Enhanced DSPs for authentic effects that give you “that” sound Not only does the Tyros5 have new and high-quality effect types, including Real Distortion and Real Reverb, it provides beautifully designed panel displays, with highly intuitive controls – just like actual effect devices. These also include VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects that use the same technology as the professional-level processing on Yamaha’s high-end mixers.
Real Reverb Real Reverb is an improved version of the Reverb technology found in previous versions of the Tyros. New algorithms take a greater number of factors into account, producing smoother, more natural reverbs.
Real Distortion Real Distortion effects are based on digital models of classic guitar amplifiers from the 1960’s and 1970’s. There are also digital models of legendary analog guitar effect pedals. The result meticulously reproduces the frequencies and dynamics of real distortion guitar sounds. With the new, intuitive graphical interface, you’ll feel like you’re controlling the original amplifier!
VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) While digital solutions are increasingly prevalent in music production studios and performance venues, but older analog gear is still used to get the warm sound that digital effects typically cannot provide. VCM Technology provides accurate reproductions of the classic sound of such effects units.
A versatile high performance audio engine that gives you total control over your sound The Tyros5 is capable of playing back and recording audio files (including performances using Audio Styles), and also possesses a range of audio manipulation features you can use to create “karaoke” style “minus one” tracks in the key and tempo of your choice.
Audio Link Multi Pad Audio Link Multi Pad function lets you link your own audio files (sound effects, vocal phrases, and so on), and trigger them from the Pads as you perform.
Vocal cancel A powerful Vocal Cancel function effectively cancels or suppresses signals like vocals and solos that play a central role in an audio file, allowing you to make your own “minus one” track and sing “karaoke” style with just instrumental backing.
Time stretch and pitch shift Not all people have the same vocal range. The Tyros5 can put your favorite song in the key of your choice with a powerful pitch shift feature that lets you change the key without changing the tempo. If you do want to change the tempo, you can use the time stretch feature to slow down or speed up the tempo without changing the pitch.
Right Hand Style Control With Tyros5 you can create up to three split points across the keyboard. Offering the flexibility to, for example, assign a different Voice to each zone. Tyros5’s accompaniment styles can now be controlled by chords played in the right hand split zones, allowing you to play bass parts manually with your left hand.
Cross fader Cross fader lets you adjust the volume balance between MIDI Song playback and Audio file playback. Moving the fader to the left increases the volume of MIDI Song playback, while moving it to the right increases the volume of Audio playback.
Panel Lock Lock the panel to prevent any settings from being changed when you are away from the instrument-the perfect function for the live performer.
4 Sub out Tyros5 features four Sub Out line-out connections that you can use to adapt your sound to any performance situation, whether it be sending a specific part to a powered monitor, or sending a different sound to the house PA.
New Design The Tyros5 features a metallic silver body (titanium finish) that looks as if it were chiseled out of metal, giving it an exclusive, high-tech feel. We’ve also given attention to the button operations and knob positions, so that people who are already familiar with Tyros can operate the new model freely and without worries.
- Width: 1347mm
- Height: 142mm
- Depth: 450mm
- Weight: 16.0kg
- Number of Keys: 76
- Type: Organ (FSX), Initial Touch/Aftertouch
- Touch Response: Hard1, Hard2, Medium, Soft1, Soft2
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend Yes
- Modulation: Yes
- Sliders: 9 (including 1 assignable), Cross Fader
- Art Switches: 2
- Display Type: TFT VGA 7.5 inch LCD
- Size: 640 x 480 dots
- Color: Color
- Language: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
- Panel Language: English
- Tone Generation: Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Preset Number of Voices: 1279 Voices 480 XG Voices 37 Drum/SFX Kits
- Featured Voices: Ensemble 55 S.Art2! 44 / S.Art! 288 MegaVoice 54 / Live! 138 Cool! 81 / Sweet! 37 / Organ World 40
- Wave Capacity: MAX 1,024MB (Optional)
- Sampling: Custom Voice
- Voice Edit: Yes
- Sound Creator/Voice Set: Yes
- XG: Yes
- GS: Yes
- GM: Yes
- GM2: Yes
- Expansion Voice: Yes *Wave Capacity: depends on the optional Flash Memory Expansion Module (FL1024M, FL512M)
- Effects: Reverb 52 Presets 3 User
- Chorus 106 Presets 3 User
- DSP DSP1: 322 Presets 3 User, DSP2-9: 322 Presets 10 User
- Master Compressor 5 Presets 5 User settings
- Master EQ 5 Presets 2 User settings
- Others Mic effects: Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
- Vocal Harmony Number of Presets Vocal Harmony: 44, Synth Vocoder: 10
- Number of User Settings 60 * The number is the total of Vocal Harmony and Synth Vocoder.
- Vocal Effect 23
- Preset Number of Accompanyment Styles: 539
- Featured Styles: 40 Audio, 7 FreePlay, 441 Pro, 51 Session
- Fingering Single: Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Style Control: INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3
- Other Features: Music Finder 2,500 Records
- One Touch Setting (OTS): 4 for each Style
- Expandability Expansion Style: Yes
- Expansion Audio Style: Yes Audio Capacity: approx. 124MB
- Preset Number of Songs: 5 Sample Songs
- Recording Number of Songs: Unlimited (depends on the drive capacity)
- Number of Tracks: 16
- Data Capacity: approx. 300 KB/Song
- Recording Function: Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording
- Compatible Data Format: Playback SMF (Format 0 & 1), XF
- Recording SMF (Format 0)
- Registration Number of Buttons: 8
- Control: Registration Sequence, Freeze
- Lesson/Guide Lesson/Guide Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Your Tempo
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT): Yes
- Demo/Help Demonstration: Yes
- Overall Controls Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 – 500, Tap Tempo
- Transpose: -12 – 0 – 12
- Tuning: 414.8 – 440 – 466.8 Hz
- Octave Button: Yes
- Scale Type: 9 Presets
- Direct Access: Yes
- Text Display Function: Yes
- Wallpaper Customization: Yes
- Voices Harmony/Echo: Yes
- Panel Sustain: Yes
- Mono/Poly: Yes
- Voice Information: Yes
- Styles Style Creator: Yes
- Style Recommender: Yes
- OTS Information: Yes
- Songs Song Creator: Yes
- Score Display Function: Yes
- Lyrics Display Function: Yes
- Multi Pads Multi Pad Creator: Yes
- Storage Internal Memory: approx. 6.7MB
- Hard Disk Drive: 500GB
- External Drives: USB Flash Memory (via USB to DEVICE)
- Connectivity Headphones: Yes
- FOOT PEDAL 1 (SUSTAIN), 2 (ARTICULATION 1), 3 (VOLUME), Function Assignable
- Microphone Yes (Combo Jack)
- MIDI MIDI A (IN/OUT), MIDI B (IN/OUT)
- AUX IN L/L R, R
- LINE OUT MAIN (L/L R, R), SUB OUT (1,2), SUB OUT (3,4 / AUX OUT)
- RGB OUT: Yes
- USB TO DEVICE USB 2.0 x 2 (Front/Back)
- USB TO HOST USB 2.0 x 1
- Included Accessories: Owner’s Manual, Online Member Product Registration, AC Power Cord, Music Rest, two Music Rest Brackets, USB Wireless LAN Adaptor * May not be included depending on your particular area. Please check with your Yamaha dealer.
- Preset Number of Multi Pad Banks: 190 banks x 4 Pads
- Audio Link: Yes