The MOTIF was succeeded by the MOTIF ES which has doubled the enormous power of the MOTIF. Now it’s time to double the MOTIF ES – time for the MOTIF XS.
The 128 voices of the XS’s AWM2 Tone Generator are based on 2.670 Waveforms in the large 355 MB Wave-ROM which can be expanded by up to 1 GB of Sample-RAM for further samples. Each Voice can consist of up to eight Elements, which can be dynamically activated in the “Expanded Articulation” mode (“XA-Mode”) to simulate different playing styles of acoustic instruments in a very realistic way. Use Performances to arrange up to four Voices in layers and splits over the keyboard. Thanks to its intelligent chord recognition the 4-part Arpeggiator and its 6,000 Phrases supplies the perfect accompaniment. With one press on the Record button you can record directly from the Performance mode into the sequencer – perfect to sketch your ideas. The Master-Mode divides the keyboard in up to eight zones and makes the MOTIF XS a perfect Masterkeyboard.
Control the XS in real time with Ribbon Controller, Modulation and Pitch Bend wheel, 2 buttons, 8 Knobs and 8 Faders. The large color LC-display (320 x 240 Pixel) delivers the best overview. This all supports the Remote Control functions to control DAW software on your computer. For data saving purposes there is a USB to Device port and an Ethernet port to integrate the MOTIF XS in a LAN. Four analogue audio outputs and a S/PDIF digital audio output deliver the outstanding sound of the MOTIF XS. The XS8 is equipped with a IEEE 1394 port (optional for the XS6 and XS7) for a seamless integration in computer based music production environments.
Like all MOTIFs the MOTIF XS comes in three models which only difference is the size and type of the keyboard. While the MOTIF XS6 and XS7 are equipped with a FSX keyboard with 61 (XS6) respective 76 (XS7) keys, the XS8 comes with a 88 key Balanced Hammer Effect Keyboard.
- MOTIF XS6 61 keys, FSX Keyboard (Initial Touch/Aftertouch)
- Tone Generator – AWM2 with Expanded Articulation
- Multi Timbral Capacity – 16 Parts (internal), Audio Input Parts (A/D, IEEE 1394)1 stereo Part
- Wave – 355MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 2,670 waveforms
- Voice – Preset: 1,024 Normal Voices + 64 Drum Kits GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit
- User: 128 x 3 (selected and copied from Preset bank) Normal Voice + 32 Drum Kits
- Performance – User: 128 x 3 (up to 4 Parts)
- Filter – 18 types
- Effect System – Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion (A, B, L) x 53 types x 8 blocks, Master Effect x 9 types, Master Equalizer (5 bands), Part EQ (3 bands, stereo)
- Samples – Up to 1,024 Waveforms (Multi Samples)
- Up to 128 Key Banks per Waveform
- Up to 4,096 Key Banks
- A/D Conversion – 24-bit, 64x oversampling D/A Conversion – 24-bit, 128x oversampling
- Sample Data Bits – 16
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function – For Windows®: Cubase 4, Cubase AI, SONAR 5.2 For Macintosh®: Cubase 4, Cubase AI, Logic 7.2, Digital Performer 5
- Controllers – Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Ribbon Controller, Assignable Control Sliders x 8, Assignable Knobs x 8, Assignable Function buttons x 2, Data dial
- MOTIF XS6: 1,045 (W) x 391 (D) x 122 (H) mm, 14.8 kg