Yamaha Montage 7 Synthesizer – Excellent Condition
- Motion Control Synthesis
- Two Synthesis Engines:
- Our best-ever AWM2 engine:
- 128-note polyphony (Stereo)
- 10x the wave memory of the Motif XF
- FM-X Engine:
- 128-note polyphony
- 8 Operators
- 88 Algorithms
- 7 Spectral Forms
- Our best-ever AWM2 engine:
- Super Knob Control / Direct Control Assignment
- Motion Sequences and Scenes
- Envelope Follower & Side Chain FX turn A/D input into control signal for live situations
- Dual Insert FX on all 16 Parts
- 7” TFT Colour Touch Screen
- Live Set Organiser
- Seamless Sound Switching (SSS)
- Integrated Flash Memory For User Waveforms: 1.75GB
- Balanced Outputs
Motion Control Synthesis Engine
The new Motion Control Synthesis Engine unifies and controls two iconic Sound Engines, each more powerful than ever before.
- Montage’s AWM2 engine is the most advanced we’ve ever made. Using high-quality multi-sampled waveforms and a powerful, subtractive synthesis engine, AWM2 is a master of recreation – whether it be concert grand pianos, iconic electric pianos, soaring strings or overdriven guitars.
- We pioneered FM synthesis in the 1980s – and the DX7 remains one of the world’s best-selling synthesisers. In Montage, we’ve created our most powerful frequency modulation synthesis engine. The power of its massive 8 operators and 128-note polyphony are unlocked with the Montage’s large touchscreen display.
These two engines can be freely zoned or layered across eight parts in a single Montage Performance. Interact with Montage Performances using Motion Control: a highly programmable control matrix for creating deep, dynamic and incredibly expressive sounds, never before possible on hardware synthesisers.
Sophisticated Dynamic Control
Music is expression – and Montage adds a whole new level of expression with the Motion Control Synthesis Engine. This engine allows a variety of methods to interact with and channel your creativity into finding your own unique sound.
For example, you can change your listening position from right in front of an instrument to in the back seat of a concert hall, or radically change the character of a Performance from atmospheric and mellow to rhythmic and edgy.
The Super Knob can even be assigned to a second FC7 foot controller – making it easy to control the sound when playing with both hands.
Motion Sequences are tempo-synchronised, completely customisable control sequences that can be assigned to virtually any synthesizer parameter and provide incredibly creative new ways of designing new sounds.
Motion Sequences also have dedicated controls on the front panel making it easy to manipulate and change in real-time, providing incredible interactivity and expression.
The Envelope Follower turns audio – either pre-recorded, or being fed live into the Montage’s inputs – into a controller of virtually any synthesizer parameter. For example, a pre-recorded drum loop can drive your effects parameters for cool rhythms, or your vocalist’s voice can affect many different parameters to make a ‘talking’ synthesizer.
Massive Sonic Creation Ability
The Montage features two iconic sound engines, both redeveloped and modernised for amazing sound playback and complex sound design.
Our Most Powerful AWM2 Engine
Underneath, it’s driven by our proprietary technology for data compression and sound playback combined with a hugely powerful subtractive synthesis engine for manipulating that data.
But for a musician, AWM2 allows tremendous sound quality and unparalleled, realistic sound reproduction – resulting in hugely realistic – and most importantly, hugely playable – acoustic instruments, electric instruments and analogue synthesizer voices.
- 128 Note, Stereo polyphony: Experience rich layers of sounds and notes
- Waveform Capacity: Montage features nearly 10 times the waveform capacity of the award-winning MOTIF XF, allowing more samples per instrument – to recreate incredibly realistic and nuanced sound
- Integrated Flash Memory: Montage includes 1.75 GB of flash memory with high speed reading/writing. This means you can load in and save your own playable sounds, custom samples and synth libraries. Once saved into flash memory, the sounds are immediately playable
FM-X: DX Technology for the 21st Century
On release, the DX7 became our best ever selling synthesizer thanks to the power of its pioneering 6-operator Frequency Modulation synthesis engine. For Montage, we’ve built a brand new 8-operator FM engine – our most powerful ever.
FM-X is an amazingly sophisticated pure synthesizer engine capable of producing classic ‘80s sounds as well as cutting-edge, EDM tones with an incredible dynamic range, power and fidelity. The FM-X offers 128-note polyphony, allowing for a massive array of sound design options.
Built-In Sound Library
Every synthesizer needs great content to inspire your creativity. Montage features a huge range of incredible sounds – like the brand-new Yamaha CFX Concert Grand Piano, detailed new strings and woodwinds and the best sounds from the DX and TX family, all modernised to take advantage of the Motion Control Synthesis Engine.
Montage is already compatible with Motif XF Voices – and we’re developing an FM converter so you can bring over your DX7 series Voices as well.
From high definition reverbs to incredibly detailed VCM (Virtual Circuit Modelling) effects, Montage is loaded with DSP innovation, power and – most importantly – sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get a modern EDM sound. Or add a sidechain compressor for a modern ducking effect. Or you can go retro with vintage effects like Analog Delay, VCM Phaser or a variety of Amp Simulators. When you want to chill out and play piano, piano-focused effects like Damper Resonance provide an authentic piano experience whilst the HD reverbs sonically recreate any performance space.
Pure Analog Circuit
Montage features professional balanced outputs with our Pure Analog Circuit (PAC) technology. PAC improves the quality of signal after it’s converted to analog from digital for clear harmonic reproduction and even frequency response. The result is an output capable of reproducing Montage’s expressively with power and clarity.
USB Audio/MIDI Connection
Connect Montage to your computer or iPad with a single USB cable and capture every nuance of your creativity into your DAW. Montage’s powerful USB driver can send 16 and receive 3 channels of stereo 24 bit/44.1 kHz digital audio to and from your computer or iOS device (Montage is class compliant, no driver needed), no other hardware required!
The USB connection also features full MIDI support of 16 channels.
* MONTAGE supports the sampling rate up to 192 kHz.
SSS (Seamless Sound Switching)
Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) lets you change performances seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects. This is perfect for live performances where you end one song and start another without stopping.
* This function is only available for Performances that have a maximum of 8 parts.
The A/D input processes external audio sources with your instrument’s DSP. Use mics, guitars or any line source as an input and process with the internal effects. You can also use these sources with the Envelope Follower or Sidechain for a truly unique sound.
Montage features a comprehensive set of physical controls for intuitive music making and sound creation.
- Touch Screen: Select and change parameters directly with the new color touch screen.
- Eight Rotary Encoders and Faders with Stepladder LED
- Stepladder LEDs next to the faders indicate position making it easy to see where your current mix position is.
- Keyboard Action: Montage is available in three different configurations:
- Montage 6 and 7 feature the premium FSX semi-weighted synthesizer action with aftertouch in 61 and 76 keys respectively
- Montage 8 features an 88 key, fully-weighted Balanced Hammer action with aftertouch. This provides equal resistance for each key across the keyboard and is perfect for playing a variety of instruments from acoustic piano to electric piano, synth sounds, organ and more!
Live Set lets you organise your Performances however you want without copying, changing order or renaming. When a Performance is selected, you can easily register it to a Live Set. This is perfect for playing gigs or even creating your own organisation scheme for Performances.
Direct Control Assignment
Direct Control Assignment assigns controls at the touch of a button. Simply select a parameter, hit the Direct Control Assignment button and move the controller to control that parameter. It’s easy!
Cubase AI bundle
Montage is bundled with Cubase AI, Steinberg’s professional music production application that offers integrated recording and editing.
|Dimensions||Width||1,244 mm (49″)|
|Height||131 mm (5-3/16″)|
|Depth||396 mm (15-9/16″)|
|Weight||Weight||17 kg (37 lbs., 8 oz.)|
|Keyboard||Number of Keys||76|
|Tone Generator||Motion Control Synthesis Engine AMW2: 8 Elements FM-X: 8 Operators, 88 Algorithms|
|Maximum Polyphony||AWM2: 128 (max.; stereo/mono waveforms) FM-X: 128 (max.)|
|Multi Timbral Capacity||16 Parts (internal), Audio Input Parts (A/D*, USB*) *stereo Part|
|Wave||Preset: 5.67 GB (when converted to 16 bit linear format), User: 1.75 GB|
|Effects||Reverb x 12 types, Variation x 76 types, Insertion (A, B) x 76 types*, Master Effect x 15 types *A/D part insertion x 71 types (Preset settings for parameters of each effect type are provided as templates) Master EQ (5 bands), 1st part EQ (3 bands), 2nd part EQ (2 bands)|
|Controllers||Master Volume, AD Input Gain knob, Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Ribbon Controller, Control Sliders x 8, Knobs x 8, Super Knob, Data dial|
|Display||7″ TFT Color Wide VGA LCD touch screen|
|Connectors||[USB TO DEVICE], [USB TO HOST], MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU], FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], OUTPUT (BALANCED) [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, Balanced TRS jacks), ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT (BALANCED) [L]/[R] (6.3 mm, Balanced TRS jacks), [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack), A/D INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)|
|Power Consumption||27 W|
|Live Sets||Preset: 128 and more, User: 2,048|
|Tracks||16 Sequence tracks, Tempo track, Scene track|
|Recording type||Real time replace, Real time overdub, Real time punch in/out|
|Note Capacity||Approx. 130,000 notes|
|Note Resolution||480 ppq (parts per quarter note)|
|Tempo (BPM)||5 – 300|
|Arpeggio||Parts: 8 Parts simultaneous (max.), Preset: Approx. 10,000 types User: 256 types|
|Sequence formats||MONTAGE original format, SMF formats 0, 1|