YAMAHA MODX-8 Overview
With a full 88 note graded hammer action keyboard and 128 voice polyphony, the new YAMAHA MODX8’s AWM2 and FM-X based audio engine is fundamentally the same as that found in the mighty Montage. All bases are covered here. When you consider exactly what you are getting, the MODX8 represents tremendous value for money. In short, you are getting most of the Montage’s capabilities for a fraction of the price. If you are a pro session player, the gigging band type, or a deep dive synthesist or sound designer. the MODX8 has got everything you need.
The sound is the most important aspect of any instrument. MODX8 will make your music sound amazing. The MODX8 uses the same technology powering the flagship MONTAGE: AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis engine for stunning emulative acoustic instruments, synth sounds and drums.
MODX8 also features FM-X (Frequency Modulation) a unique, expressive, highly-programmable synthesis technology for dynamic, electro-modern music creation.
Bring the sophistication of music production automation to real-time live performance with Motion Control.
- 88 Note GHS (Graded Hammer) piano action
- Weighs only 13.8Kg – Truly portable
- 5.67Gb of waveforms – same as the Yamaha Montage (MOXF has 741mb)
- Super Knob Controller, Envelope Follower and Motion Sequencer
- New Rhythm Pattern Feature – Easy way to add backing drums
- FM-X Synth Engine + AWM2
- 8 Simultaneous arpeggios with over 10,000 to choose from
- Up to 12 Dual insert effects simultaneous (+1 for A/D input)
- 2000+ preset performances
- SSS – Seamless Sound Switching for performances with up to 4 parts
- 7″ Colour touch screen interface
- 1Gb Flash memory for sound expansion
- Great array of real-time controllers – 4 assignable rotary knobs, Super Knob, 2x assignable buttons, pitch and mod wheels