The FP-5 Digital Piano is the most advanced FP-Series piano ever. It comes with Roland’s finest stereo-sampled piano sounds, an 88-note Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard, new Virtual ToneWheel organ sounds and a built-in speaker system—without sacrificing the stylish looks and compact design the FP-Series is known for. An improved Session Partner makes practice more fun, while the addition of a USB port simplifies setups with a computer.
- Compact digital piano with stylish design and onboard speakers
- 88-note Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard for ultra-responsive touch
- Stereo-sampled piano sounds, a variety of instrument tones and 64-voice polyphony
- Enhanced organ tones based on Roland’s Virtual ToneWheel technology
- Dedicated knobs for controlling relative volume of layered sounds
- New Session Partner with fresh styles and programmable chord progressions
- Handy “Setup Memories” for recalling custom settings like splits and layers
- 3 pedal inputs (damper, sostenuto, soft) with half-pedal recognition
- USB-MIDI interface and GM2-compliant sound source
Whether using headphones or the built-in speakers, the FP-5 delivers outstanding piano sounds with amazing realism and expressiveness. That’s because the FP-5 benefits from Roland’s latest stereo-sampled pianos, which have been fine-tuned to capture every nuance of an acoustic grand. These sounds are further complemented by a new speaker system that faithfully reproduces everything from the deep lower register to the sparkling upper range.
Uncompromising Piano Action
Sit down to play an FP-5 and you’ll immediately notice the quality of the keyboard, which uses real hammers rather than springs. Play the lower register and you’ll get a heavier touch. Play the upper register and the keys feel lighter. That’s the beauty of Roland’s Progressive Hammer-Action Keyboard: You can play as expressively as you like with a response identical to an acoustic grand.
New Half-Pedal Recognition
The FP-5 includes three pedal inputs, allowing players to connect a damper pedal and optional soft/sostenuto pedals. And with new half-pedal recognition, the FP-5’s damper pedal can go between the off and on position for a response even more like an acoustic piano. Nothing comes closer!