GRAND FEEL COMPACT WOODEN-KEY ACTION WITH IVORY TOUCH KEY SURFACES AND ‘LET-OFF ’ MECHANISM
The CA58 digital piano utilises Kawai’s latest Grand Feel Compact keyboard action, which draws upon 90 years of acoustic piano craftsmanship to provide an exceptionally realistic playing experience. All 88 black and white keys are crafted entirely from long pieces of wood, with finely textured Ivory Touch key surfaces applied to assist playing control. As with an acoustic grand piano action, the keys rest on a metal balance pin and move with a smooth seesaw-like motion, while the extended pivot length ensures a consistent, evenly-balanced touch weight – even when playing towards the back of the key. The Grand Feel Compact action also incorporates grade-weighted hammers, bass region counterweights, and let-off simulation for added authenticity, while its accurate triple-sensor key detection system allows rapidly repeated notes such as trills to be performed smoothly, without unnatural breaks in sound.
STRONG SELECTION OF ADDITIONAL INSTRUMENT SOUNDS
Supplementing the realistic acoustic piano voices, the CA58 digital piano also features an excellent selection of additional instrument sounds, ranging from electric pianos and drawbar and church organs, to strings, human choirs, and even guitar sounds, inviting musicians to add greater variety to their performances. Furthermore, the Dual playing mode also allows two different sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Split and Four Hands modes divide the keyboard into two independent sections. The volume balances for each playing mode can also be adjusted quickly and easily using the real-time panel controls.
VIRTUAL TECHNICIAN ADJUSTMENTS TO PERSONALISE THE INSTRUMENT’S CHARACTER
The CA58 digital piano’s Virtual Technician feature allows various characteristics of the selected acoustic piano, electric piano, or harpsichord sound to be shaped at the touch of a button, with settings to adjust voicing and regulation, string, damper, and cabinet resonances, and subtle hammer, damper, and key release noises. It is even possible to adjust the precise tuning and volume of individual notes, before storing one’s personalized instrument configuration to memory.
USB TO DEVICE FUNCTIONALITY, WITH MP3/WAV FILE RECORDING AND PLAYBACK
The CA58 digital piano is equipped with USB connectors that not only allow the instrument to be connected to a computer for MIDI use, but also to load and save data to USB memory devices directly. This ‘USB to Device’ feature allows instrument settings or recorded songs stored in internal memory to be saved to USB for posterity, or standard MIDI files (SMF) downloaded from the internet to be conveniently played back without additional hardware. USB memory devices can also be used to play back MP3 or WAV audio files, allowing musicians to learn the chords or melody for a new piece, or to simply play along with their favourite songs. It is even possible to save performances as MP3 or WAV files for emailing to friends and family, listening to on the move, or for further editing using an audio workstation.
- Display: 128 x 64 Pixel LC-Display with backlight
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
- Registrations: Yes, 16 Memories
- USB Functions: Playback: MP3, WAV, SMF ; Recording: MP3, WAV ; Functions: Audio Overdub, Convert Song to Audio, Internal Songs load, Internal Songs save, Registration load, Registration save, SMF Song save, File delete, USB format
- Other Features: Key Transpose, Song Transpose, Tone Control (incl. User EQ), Speaker Volume, Headphone Volume , Line In, Line Out Volume, Audio Recorder Gain, Tuning, Damper Hold, LCD Contrast, User Memory, Reset, Lower Octave Shift, Lower Pedal On/Off , Split Balance, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Dual Balance, MIDI Channel, Send PGM#, Local Control, Transmit PGM#, Multi Timbral Mode, Channel Mute, Auto Power Off
- Sound System: 2 x 13cm Bass speaker with enclosure + 2 x 8x12cm Top Speaker
- Amplifier: 2 x 50W
- Power Consumption: 45W
- Pedals: Grand Feel Pedal System: Sustain (Half-Pedal), Soft, Sostenuto; optical sensors
- Music Rack: Extra large, adjustable
- Jacks: LINE IN (Stereo-Mini), LINE IN Level adjustable, LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), LINE OUT Level, Headphones x 2 (3,5mm Stereo-Mini and 6,3mm Stereo), MIDI (IN/OUT), USB to Host, USB to Device
- Height in cm: 92,5
- Width in cm: 145,5
- Depth in cm: 45,5
- Weight in kg: 73