The CLP series instruments feature Grand Piano Voices that utilize Yamaha’s new Pure CF sampling – a technololgy that combines meticulously recorded samples of an actual Yamaha CF IIIS concert grand piano with minimal yet judicious signal processing, to create the most natural, most realistic piano sound available.
Graded Hammer (GH) Keyboard
Just as on an actual grand piano, the lower keys are heavy in touch and the higher keys are light, with all the natural gradations in between.
Pure CF Sampling for superb tonality
Yamaha technicians selected a CFIIIS full concert grand with the highest sound quality, and tuned it to the finest possible condition. They then used our unique Pure CF Sampling technique to sample all of its sounds, in order to create the CLP sound. As a result, you enjoy the same natural tonal response as a top-quality piano.
Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) Dynamic Stereo Sampling
The AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) is a sampling system which creates sound close to that of an acoustic instrument by using digital technology to record the instrument sound and applying high-quality digital filter technology to the recorded audio samples. The waveform of the sound created by playing the key of an acoustic piano differs depending on the playing strength from pianissimo to fortissimo. The AWM Dynamic Stereo Sampling can produce such dynamic nuances by recording samples of various playing strengths. The greater the number of samples used, the higher the expressive quality and potential becomes.
Selection of Voices
Choose from a large selection of other stereo-sampled musical instrument sounds to perform with. These sounds provide added realism for more music playing enjoyment.
128-note Extended Polyphony (max.)
Conventional digital pianos quickly run out of notes during fast, dense legato passages: sustained notes are cut off as the instrument “steals” notes to make room for new notes. A maximum of up to 128-note can be played at once.
50 Preset Piano Songs
A selection of 50 different piano songs is provided for your listening pleasure. These recordings were chosen for their beauty as well as their functionality. Since many of the songs are classic piano pieces, anyone taking lessons can listen to them for reference.
- Graded Hammer (GH) keyboard
- Pure CF Sampling with 3-level Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) Dynamic Stereo Sampling
- 128-note polyphony (max.)
- 3 pedals – Damper with half pedal effect, Sostenuto, Soft
- Woodgrain cabinet with Mahogany finish
- Keyboard: – Number of Keys: 88 – Type: Graded Hammer (GH) Keyboard – Touch Sensitivity: Yes
- Pedal: – Number of Pedals: 3 – Half Pedal: Yes – Functions: Damper (with half-pedal effect), Sostenuto, Soft
- Panel: – Language: English
- Key Cover: Sliding style
- Music Rest
- Tone Generation: – Tone Generating Technology: AWM Dynamic Stereo Sampling – Number of Dynamic Levels: 3
- Polyphony: – Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Preset: – Number of Voices: 10
- Types: – Reverb: 4 types
- Functions: – Dual/Layers: Yes
- Preset: – Number of Preset Songs: 50
- Recording: – Number of Songs: 1 – Number of Tracks: 1 – Data Capacity: User song (100KB) – Recording Function: Yes
- Compatible Data Format: – Playback: SMF (Format 0 & 1) – Recording: SMF (Format 0)
- Overall Controls: – Metronome: Yes – Tempo Range: 32-280 – Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to 6 – Tuning: Yes
STORAGE & CONNECTIVITY
- Storage: – Internal Memory: 100KB
- Connectivity: – Headphones: x 2 – MIDI In/Out
- Width: 1,387 mm (54-5/8″)
- Height: 819 mm (32-1/4″) With music rest: 972 mm (38-1/4″)
- Depth: 424 mm (16-11/16″)
AMPLIFIERS & SPEAKERS:
- Amplifiers: 20W x 2
- Speakers: (12cm x 6cm) x 2