The SP-280 has a playing feel incredibly close to that of an acoustic piano. The Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) keyboard gives you heavier action in the lower register and a lighter response as you move upward, allowing the nuances to be faithfully expressed. Aiding in this, the piano switches between four piano samples according to the dynamics of your performance, responding to how you play. The “Grand Piano” sound reproduces the damper resonance of an acoustic piano when you press the damper pedal, making it even more enjoyable to play. Key Touch Control gives you three levels of adjustment to specify how your playing dynamics will affect the output.
The piano features high-quality electric piano sounds with period-accurate details. They reproduce not only the way in which the tone responds to your touch but also the subtle noises that occur when you release a key. There are six varieties, including the sounds of the pop music of the ’60s and ’70s, and soul music. Other sounds include organs, clavs, harpsichord and strings. Layer Mode lets you play two sounds together, while Partner Mode divides the keyboard into left and right regions for two people playing together.
The SP-280 has two onboard amplifiers delivering 2 x 22 watts of output power. It offers ample richness, deep lows and sparkling highs, and provides plenty of power for a small live event without needing a PA system.
The piano was built with portability in mind, being lightweight and easy to transport. It comes with a sturdy metal stand that is easy to set up, meaning you can play your piano wherever you like.
LINE IN and LINE OUT jacks allow you to connect audio players to play along with, or amplified speakers or a recording device. The included damper pedal functions as a half-damper, allowing you to vary the effect. The SP-280 also supports MIDI, and can be used as a 16-part multi-timbral sound module.
- Keyboard: 88 notes (A0-C8), Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH)
- Touch selection: Light, Normal, Heavy
- Pitch: Transpose, Fine tuning
- Temperament: 9 kinds
- Sound generation: Stereo Piano System
- Maximum polyphony: 120 notes
- Sounds: 30 Total (10 x 3 Banks); Acoustic Piano x 5, Electric Grand, Electric Piano x 6, Harpsichord, Clavi x 2, Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic Guitar, Jazz Organ x 3, Pipe Organ x 3, Strings x 3, Choir 3
- Effects: Brilliance, Reverb and Chorus (3 levels each)
- Demo Songs: 30 (Sound Demo song x 10, Piano Demo Song x 20)
- Metronome: Tempo, Time signature, Accent, Sound and Volume controls
- Connections: Line Out (L.MONO/ R), Line In, MIDI (In, Out), Headphones x 2, Pedal, Pedal unit
- Amplification: 22 Watt × 2;
- Speakers: Oval (8cm – 12cm) x 2
- Pedals: Damper (Half-pedaling supported) or optional Pedal unit (Available separately)
- Controls: Power, Volume, Piano Song, Transpose, Function, Touch, Brilliance, Reverb, Chorus, Bank, Sound x 10, Up, Down, Metronome
- Power supply: DC 19 V, AC adapter (included)
- Power Consumption: 15W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1,361 × 406 × 785 mm / 53.58″ × 15.98″ × 30.91″
- Weight: 19 kg / 41.89 lbs